Shayna Gavin, Splash Principal Physiotherapist
Wintry sunshine for the July intensives
We thoroughly enjoyed our July intensive in the wintry sunshine!
We did land and bike riding sessions in the mornings, then hit our Moonee Ponds pool in the afternoons.
Here's some pics of Splash kids playing towards their goals!
- left: Alice helps position feet on the pedals and facilitates the pedalling action. Siblings are welcome to come along to intensives with their parent
- middle: now we just need help with balance and steering
- right: and now we are off on the grassy oval!
- left: practising starts
- middle: being brave heading down the hill for a start!
- right: sister on training wheels, brother is off and racing without them
- left: being assisted to try without training wheels down a slope
- middle: setting up a race with chalk markings
- right: sometimes it's more fun if everyone hops along with you
- left: having a try at hitting a ball off a tee as part of the TGMD-3 assessment
- middle: being assisted to ride on grass with a little balance facilitation
- right: no more help needed! He's off and riding on 2 wheels!
And here's your 4 physios celebrating your wins at the end of the week!
(We care cheesy, and we know it, and we're okay with it!)
This will be the Splash team for term 3 blocks of physiotherapy in land & aquatics
From left to right:
Congratulations everyone on all of your achievements!
Shayna Gavin is a physiotherapist who is passionate about helping babies, children and young people learn functional skills so they can participate in life at home, school and in their community. Recognising that children do best in their own environments, she visits homes, schools, and leisure activities from football fields to ballet classes. She also has daily aquatic physiotherapy sessions available at two private swimming schools in Moonee Ponds and Greensborough, Melbourne. She combines principles of paediatric physiotherapy, Contemporary Neuro Developmental Treatment, motor learning, and swimming teaching to address the individual needs of each child and their family. She loves providing professional development to physiotherapists, allied health and education professionals, allied health assistants and swimming teachers.